A senior finance executive with strong commercial acumen and extensive UK and International experience in manufacturing, supply chain, and retailing operations. Proven ability in driving results through business partnering, KPI/performance management, people development, process re-engineering and project management. Equally successful when hands-on as when influencing and challenging at senior management level.
- Successful periods as Finance Director with multi-site global (t/o c$500million) and UK businesses (t/o c$1billion), ensuring the finance function was pivotal to business development.
- Outstanding business improvement results by partnering and advising all levels and disciplines within the organisation.
- Widely acknowledged success in developing teams with diverse professional, functional and cultural backgrounds particularly during periods of significant business change (Castrol’s “Most Improved Team” Award).
- Driven business performance by design and implementation of financial and non-financial KPI/MI systems.
- Re-engineered accounting and MI processes resulting in external assessment as “best in industry” in a UK multi-site retail business.
- Experience of M&A as controller of European JV buy-out (c$2billion), European acquisition of global business (>$2billion), and business lead in a global business divestment (c$1billion).
- Extensive project management experience including as Controller of a major European re-organisation and cost reduction programme (programme spend c$550million, cost reduction >$500million/pa).